Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hi bonusers!!!!!

We have had some issues with blocking, so I thought I would raise it here. Surfwidow got blocked because she and I were joking around with it, and others thought there must have been a good reason to block her (without knowing what it was) and blocked her. From what I understand, greedscaller was being a little boisterous yesterday and got jammed up when he did something with his name, but it was basically the same thing.




So I write here just to implore everyone to use the block button responsibly. Your vote cannot be withdrawn, and it only takes 5 to get someone blocked for 24 hours. Individual disagreements can occur without jumping to block one or both. If you are not personally offended by the person's commentary, please do not block them.




That leads to my second issue. After the whole blowup with darlene, it is apparent that some people think that there are those of us who are controlling in the room. Since that was never my intention, I have decided to take more of a backseat role in watching what is going on in the room. It is not my responsibility to protect the younger patrons of the room, and although I will defend my friends (young or "more inexperienced") if I believe it is necessary, I do not intend to tell people how they should act. I encourage everyone to use diplomacy and judgment in their posts. My days of policing the room, however, are over.




I hope everyone takes this post as intended. I am not angry or bothered by any of this. I'm just goin' with the flow.




"You can't control the wind. But you can adjust your sails."

2 comments:

surfwidow said...

true dat my brotha!! I turned in my badge as well. I believe I also let it be known that unless something is sooo awful and after fair warning, I too intend to hang back. Not as eloquent as tc but you get by drift. xxooxx

MySharona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.