Thursday, September 11, 2008

Solitaire Strategies!

Hi! Subvertia here!

Disclaimer: this has been written while intoxicated. I reserve the right to take things back, or admit you're right tomorrow!

I was wanting to ask if any of ya'll had any strategies or OCD ticks that work with our little game!

(You can skip this part, it's my personal background...)
I've been playing solitaire since I was a little kid. I learned how to play at my grandparents house. Grandma was a bridge player and Grandpa loved parlor games, so they had about 50 decks of cards! When I was 9 years old, I won 18 decks in a row, fair and square. Anyway, I've always played, and when it was available on my grandparents *Tandy* (guess my age!), I was addicted!
You can only imagine how I feel now, being able to move the cards with my fingertips, that's so spaceage!

Anyway, here are some of my OCD's that help my game!:
k
*I always move the kings and high cards to the left.
*I keep the high cards on the empty spaces if they land there.
*I try to keep the 'King spots' full, meaning; if I have a 10/heart followed by a 9/spade, I would rather have the 10/heart in a successive row than with just one other card. it really keeps the board clean for me.

that may not make any sense, but it does to me!

What are some of ya'll's strategies?



2 comments:

Jazz said...

Hiya Sub! You're too funny! Also wanted to say that I think you're a great addition to the chat and the blog! Welcome!

In the interests of helping out our new members, I thought I should mention that one of our original blog members, 23 lbs, wrote an excellent "Cookie Bonus Tips & Techniques" post back in June that is absolutely worth reading. In addition, a few other blog members added their personal strategies as comments to this post.

I would encourage you and anyone else new to the game to reference this post, as following these tips have yielded favorable results for many of us.

As ever,

Jazz <3

Trilo Byte said...

My tips fall into one of two categories...

DRUNK:
Talk to the cards. Yelling at them sometimes helps, especially when someone takes all my damned threes. Seriously, how far am I going to get without any threes?!

Have another drink. I'm not sure if I'm actually playing any better, but at the time it sure feels that way ;-)

SOBER:
Lately the only tip I've had has been to make sure I go through the menu to log out and exit the game, otherwise my phone still thinks it's connected to the internet and drain my battery dry.