Monday, August 11, 2008

All about Artbritt

I am new to the whole blogging thing, but right now I am very thankful to have been given a chance to have a place to go when I need friends. I have had a lot going on lately, and I have dove into cookie bonus to get away from it all. I have been playing cookie since the web app, but never really talked that much. Thank you all for taking me in, it has been very helpful. 

Now the run down about me... My name is Brittany and I am a 27 year old from Greenville, SC.  I own an art gallery here in Greenville called Sea Island Art Gallery. I am in a relationship with Cory (31), and we own a home together. All of my family lives in Greenville, which is great because we are super close. I have an old brother and a younger sister. My brother has blessed me with 2 nieces and 1 nephew, and my sister is due with my next niece in 6 weeks.  My parents are about to celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary next week, which is amazing to me.

(I don't talk about myself much, so this is kind of hard for me!!)

I guess the reason I am really glad to be writing is a lot has changed in my seemingly great life lately!!!

My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer a few weeks ago, after they found (and removed) a tumor from his brain. I am the strong one in my family, at least I try to be, but it was hard to stay strong for my mom and sister. (which left me crying a lot by myself.) Oh I forgot to mention my Boyfriend of 2 1/2 years just moved back to Myrtle Beach (5 hours away) to work 5 to 6 days a week. Like I said, I was doing a lot of cry by myself.

This is when I really dove into Cookie bonus.  I always played while I smoked outside, ( Yes, I smoke!!! I was trying to quit but that seems impossible at this time right now.) but at this time it was like I had found a place to get away from it all!!

I am rambling now so I will end this one, but I just want to say thank you to everyone from the bottom of my heart!!!  

(Pictured in this photo is My sister Alysha and her boyfriend Blake and My boyfriend Cory and ME!!) 

6 comments:

doglover_427 said...

Oh, you're not rambling, that's what a blog is meant for. We are very happy to have you join us in chat, so thank you!

doglover_427 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lonim said...

WOW dear!!! That is a lot going on at one time. I know life can be or seem very hard at times but it is the person that can learn, grow and take something away from all their hardships/pain and find some kind or positive to hold on to. I have and continue to have MANY things that come up in life that not just kicked me to the floor but ground me into a pulp. Sometimes it has taken years to realize what the positive is but if you keep looking, the lord will guide you. I do not consider myself an over religious person but I do believe there is a purpose for each one of us in this world. I made a decision a long time ago that I would make that purpose be the best it possibly can be and take what life throws at me and hit a home run (or sometimes a bunt but that is still something, lol). Just know people are always there for you, somewhere. It could even be all of ours purpose to meet on cookie solitaire, for TC to create this blog and for you to ask tonight “what is this blog you keep talking about”, for Jazz to set you up and for you finally to vent your feelings, talk about why you cry by yourself and maybe feel a little bit better or stronger. Depends on how you look at it I guess.

I wrap up my sermon (from a nasty, dirty hotel room in Syracuse, KS) by saying, stay strong and keep your eyes open. If you keep looking you are guaranteed to see.

Respectfully,
Loni Meier
“lonim”

Jazz said...

Dearest Britt, I am happy to hear that you feel so comfortable within our chat family! This is truly a special group of people. Quit a few of them have become my dearest friends ever and over the past year we've shared laughter and have supported each other thru darker times as well. Please know that you can always count on finding not only a shoulder to cry on but also big hugs from me and many others here.

{{{Britt}}}

yours, Jazz <3

tcregan said...

Wouldn't worry too much, kid. You're a lovely woman and will do just fine, even if Cory goes the way of the dodo. His loss. As for the rest, chin up!! It's hard, we know, but we're here for you if you need us.

Jenn said...

Welcome to the family Brittany!