Thursday, July 10, 2008

iPhone 2.0 software available a day early!!!

My brother called me all excited this morning with the news that he found the iPhone 2.0 software update a day early.

First disclaimer is that it is only available for the iPhone. This link doesn't work for the iPod Touch.

Before you install the new software on your iPhone, please do the following:

1)  Sync your iPhone.

2)  Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (version 7.7).

3) If you are on a Mac, make sure you have the latest version of Mac OS (version 10.5.4).

http://gizmodo.com/5023760/download-iphone-20-firmware-right-now

(I am having a problem getting the link to work.  Just copy/paste it into your browser window.)

If you have any problems, I can try to help trouble shoot, but my brother had to send me the file, so I might not be the best tech support.

I have already purchased the native version of Cookie Bonus.  It looks great!  They have 4 chat rooms, all themed to different cookies.  I can't wait to play it!

6 comments:

ltll8angel said...

still trying to restore. i have a pc... i think i may have lost everything on my phone. had a bunch of pictures that i didnt download... growling at the computer right now. hoping that all will return once the restore is complete. if you have a pc be careful before installing the new software. i will let you know if my fears are in vain....

ltll8angel said...

ok... restore is complete and i have my data. it is now updating all and i mean ALL of my data. i still do not have 2.0..... but it is still syncing. time.. will tell.. i will post again to let you know if it all works...

ltll8angel said...

ok. not all my data was restored. some things are missing, i still do not have 2.0 ... i should have been patient and waited until tomorrow. if someone knows what i did wrong. please let me know. i do not advise pc owners to downloadd early.

doglover_427 said...

What about the iPod touchers? When is our update out? :.[

Jenn said...

Hey Mamabot!
I think I will wait for the official 2.0 update on itunes. A couple of people had a problem with the update wiping out their stuff on itunes.
Is it Friday yet?

Greeds Creed said...

oh screw all the iphoners you all get the freakin update for e the native game for like nothing thus sucks

Screw all this