Thursday, June 19, 2008

How to upload images on Photobucket and post HTML

This is mainly for Bruce because he asked but I figured I'd let you all in on it.

The question was, "how do I post pictures in blogs?"

The answer - First go to www.photobucket.com and on the main page there will be a green icon that says, JOIN NOW, it's free. You must have a user name and password to access this site. Once you have completed the registration process, again return to the main site and in the top right corner enter your new user name and password.

Okay you are now in the site. I the middle of the page you will see a box that say, "Upload Images & Video" directly to the right of that is a "choose files" button in blue. Click on that button and this will take you to your hard drive. That's where whatever image you want to post will be saved. Usually in my pictures or my documents.

Click on the image you want to upload from your computer and hit select. This will automatically begin an uploading process. Once the upload is complete it will show up on the screen, it will say image uploaded and ask you to put in a title of your picture. Then hit the blue save and continue button...

After hitting your save and continue button it will return you to your main screen or "photo album". Once on the screen you will see your image slightly smaller in a box below your original upload button.

Under the image will be a list of choices, EMAIL & IM, DIRECT LINK, HTML CODE, IMG CODE... If you want to post this image into a blog or bulletin you need to copy the HTML CODE and then once you got to the blog or bulletin of your choice you would just paste it.

Once you have pasted the HTML code into the blog box you would post it and the image will appear!

if you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask.

Now bruce, I want to see a blog on here with an image!

Good Luck and Happy Interneting.

5 comments:

masaj_mahrod said...

Or you could just download into a folder on your desktop. That is what I do since my iphone asks me evertime i charge my phone through my laptop. Once you do this, you can post a blog and do a browse and search for the photos in the folder. Sorry Kats, I'm not trying to steal your thunder but I think this would be a little easier for some who don't have a photobucket account set up. You know us guys could care less about a photo album set up through photobucket. :-)

Katsosaucy said...

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of the photobucket. It's to allow the pictures to be easily turned into postable object via HTML codes.

Not for a photo album or to save pictures to, but to allow the pictures that are already saved in a folder on your desktop to be easily placed into blogs and bullentins...

Katsosaucy said...

This knowledge was not just to be appiled to this blog. Every Blog site and Bullentin is different, this one allows you to upload photos but most other ones like myspace or face book require you input HTML codes.

He asked how to use photo bucket so I told him...

masaj_mahrod said...

My bad...

Katsosaucy said...

no worries :)